South America travel by Latin Trails about us
Interactive Travel See, listen, smell, touch, and taste South America. Do it while biking, horseback riding, hiking, enjoying community stays, practicing yoga, etc. We offer soft adventures and off the beaten path South America travel.
Local Programs and Sustainable Tourism We use our 22 years of experience when developing programs for local tour operators and helping communities grow through sustainable tourism.
Comfort & Style in Exotic Places We have a unique list of boutique hotels, haciendas, lodges, community homes, and cruise ships that will allow you to discover the Galapagos Islands, the Amazon, the Coast, and the Andes while enjoying the comforts you are used to from home.
Professional Expedition Leaders Each one of our guides is an expert when it comes to his/hers respective destination and/or activity. Whenever possible, we use native guides that will give you a unique chance to immerse into the culture of your destination.
Tour Development and Consulting We have our own offices in South America, which gives us first-hand knowledge of what’s hot and what’s not. We help wholesalers, tour operators, and travel agents to develop and market travel to South America. We offer our partners excellent opportunities to sell tours to Latin America, and we have contracts with all major hotels, bus companies, and guide services.
Custom Tours The adventure of your dreams is just a click away! Click the custom travel button above and we can tailor your trip within a few minutes. We will put together a custom-made trip that meets your special interests and that fits your budget. We will be happy to help you with your one – or multi destination trip.
Family Travel To suite to everyone’s needs we offer specific family departure dates with activities for children and adults. Children can enjoy a Galapagos cruise, an overland tour, an Amazon cruise and other activities with Latin Trails. Our guides love to work with families as they are family people and will share different activities according to the age and interests of the group.
Who we are
|THE TEAM AT LATIN TRAILS
Everyone at Latin Trails is well traveled around Ecuador and other parts of South America, we love what we do and we are passionate about sharing our beautiful continent with travelers from around the globe.
Our company is a melting pot composed of tourism professionals, business graduates and world explorers who strive to reach excellence every day and to deliver the wonderful trips visitors enjoy so much. We are a business group formed by friends with a dream;
Latin Trails is Member of
“Latin Trails is an Associate Member of the United States Tour Operators Association. However, Latin Trails is not participant in the USTOA $1 Millon Travelers’ Assistance Program and is not held by USTOA to certain other standards required of Active Members”
Aims and Objectives of LATA- LATA is a non profit organization with committee members working on a voluntary basis. New ideas, energy and assistance are welcomed from all LATA members
- To improve public awareness of Latin America as a tourism destination.
- To stimulate the growth of travel to Latin America.
- To promote travel industry professionalism and skill through education and training.
- To bring together representatives of the Latin American Travel Association at regular intervals in order to develop a closer working relationship and create a better understanding of travel matters relating to Latin America.
- To inform and advise Latin American travel suppliers on requirements of the UK and Ireland market place.
- To improve press coverage and media profile of Latin America.
- To organize promotional events on behalf of members
- To seek to ensure the competitiveness of Latin America in all sectors of tourism.
The International Ecotourism Society
The International Ecotourism Society (TIES)- TIES promotes ecotourism, which is defined as "responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people" by:
- Creating an international network of individuals, institutions and the tourism industry
- Educating tourists and tourism professionals
- Influencing the tourism industry, public institutions and donors to integrate the principles of ecotourism into their operations and policies
Adventure Travel Trade Association
Adventure Travel Trade Association- ATTA Members represent a thriving community of more than 560 responsible, profitable businesses, destinations and media who transform customers and businesses alike into advocates for sustainability and justice worldwide. Our members, spanning six continents and more than 60 countries, include tour operators, destination marketing organizations, tourism boards, specialty travel agents, guides, accommodations, media and service providers. Association Partner ATTA Members featured below, combined, represent thousands of additional adventure tourism enterprises worldwide.